Saturday 21 January 2012

Kids mess... And being grateful for it!

As hard as I try to keep my house tidy, 10 minutes later (if that) it looks like a gang of angry raccoons has made its way through every inch of my house!

But you know what? I don't mind. Intake a big breath and appreciate the mess.

I follow alot of mummy blogs. Mummy blogs about their struggle to have their babies, their struggle with the loss of their baby, the awful unimaginable sickness their child endures and sometimes the ending of that child's life.

It makes my heart ache so much. My partner insists that I stop reading them as I get very emotional. But I don't. And you know why?...

Because it keeps me REAL as a mother. Appreciative of the amazing healthy babies I have. Even after suffering my own miscarriage.

Yes, we are human, we all have our bad days when life seems like a burning pile of dog poop. But really... We are so lucky.

I'm grateful for the mess; for standing all over little match box cars, for the crayon on the walls, for the dirty hand prints on the clean mirrors, for the embarrassing supermarket tantrums, for the endless amounts of washing. And yes, even the poopy nappies!

I want to send special hugs to Courney at "EB"ing a Mommy. Tripp is a special soul, who captured my heart. He will be the cutest angel in the sky. RIP little drummer boy. X

Ax



No comments:

Post a Comment